Armstrong art glass is available in almost 500 different colors and color combinations. Armstrong art glass includes unique textured glass and more than 50 standard colors in iridescent/iridized.
Each sheet of Armstrong art glass is individually mixed by hand. As a result, every sheet of glass has a unique character, even within the same item number. And because Armstrong glass is mix by hand, many four, five and six color combinations are available.
Standard Armstrong glass is manufactured in a thickness of approximately 1/8 inch (3mm). Standard sheets are stocked in one of these three sheet sizes (may not specify size):
- approximately 25" x 40" / 7 ft2
- approximately 32" x 36" / 8 ft2
- approximately 32" x 42" / 9 ft2
Ordering Information: Priced by the square foot.
Armstrong Float Fire 82™ is a complete line of float glass compatible fusing products used for glass fusing including: sheet glass, frit, powder, stringer, confetti, paint and bubble powder - all float glass compatible. Float Fire 82 has a COE of 82 +/-3 and can be fused with inexpensive clear float window glass. Because the COE of float glass among manufactures varies within a range between 79 and 85, there is no guessing as to whether Float Fire 82 is float compatible. It is float glass so it is float compatible. A UV light, also known as a tin scope, is required to determine the proper side of the float glass to fuse on.
Float Fire 82 sheet glass has a 2 mm thickness and approximate sheet size of 31.5" x 27.5" / 6 ft
Particulars on other Armstrong Float Fire products:
- Powder (W) - 0 grain - .36mm
- Bubble Powder (B) 0 grain - .36mm
- #2 Grain Frit (F2) - .36mm - 1mm.
- #3 Grain Frit (F3) - 1mm - 2.5mm
- #4 Grain Frit (F4) - 2.5mm - 3.5mm
- #5 Grain Frit (F5) – 3.5mm – 5mm
- Confetti (C) thin pieces of glass under 6mm
- Eggshells (E) thin pieces of glass over 6mm
- Glass Paints (P) 1000 mesh per sq.cm.
- Stringers (S) 24 inches long and between 1.2mm to 1.6mm